Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter Cleaning

OK Girls I need help I don't really like spring cleaning I prefer to do it in the winter when were feeling down and when we're all thinking that spring will never come. So This weekend is my day for it, if you have any tips or hints that could help me out a bit that would be great I would just love it if you could help.. I'd love it even more if y'all were here to help me with the cleaning but I don't think that will happen. LOL Here is a list of my problem areas if you have any ideas please please please put them in the comments and I'll check back into my blog through out the weekend and if you don't see this message until after the weekend you can still post you tips and hints cause I could always use a helping hand. Thanks you all in advance

5 Comments:

Blogger Alberta said...

Oops...I didn't see a list! Are you brave enough to post before & after pictures?

Anyways I find if you do 1 room at a time. Start right at the door and move around the room. Sort into keepers, trash & freecycle/donations. Be ruthless but only pull out as much as you can do. Don't want you to create more chaos & work for yourself.

Good luck!

1:23 p.m., February 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops I forgot my List Sorry:
1 Walls they are caked in tiny finger prints
2 My kitchen never stays clean for more then a mintue
3 Laundry last forever!!!

1:58 p.m., February 24, 2007  
Blogger Alberta said...

When it comes to laundry...my rule of thumb is...

Everyday I wear clothes, I do a load of laundry!

Mr. Cl**n Erasers do a great job on fingerprints. Just don't rub too hard or you'll be painting!

Have fun!

2:20 p.m., February 24, 2007  
Blogger Krista said...

Hey Al, Crank the tunes, that always helps me! For laundry, try doing a load when you get up in the mornings, thatw ay, buy lunch you can pop it into the dryer, and after school, you can get Zach and Na to "help" by putting their own cloths away. For the walls, just do one wall at a time. As that area of the room gets sleaned up, wipe the wall before moving onto the next section.
Hope you get it all done!
Kris.

2:38 p.m., February 24, 2007  
Blogger Lesley said...

Laundry? Ugh! I do laundry everyday. I do what Krista suggested, start it in the morning and by the time I'm bringing babies up for naps it's more than ready to switch and then by the time they get up it's time to fold and they're awake so I can put it away.
My kitchen is always spotless, being on the mainfloor where I spend most of my day I can't stand to leave it a mess. After each meal I wash, sweep and put everything away.
Walls are also never ending. I tend to do 1 room at a time. I have a mesh dishcloth that helps take off the dried up stuff and the erasers do the rest.
What I love most about spring cleaning is purging everything that we don't use/need. Usually there's a family the church knows of that's in need and we can find a home for our unneeded stuff or there's always freecycle!

10:35 a.m., February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home